Rogue: Dead Guy Ale

Sunday, January 10, 2010 Leave a Comment

One bag of Cheetos too many. Thats what ruined this beer and it was no fault of its own. That was on me.

There is a bar in Austin called the Drafthouse. Its a old style pub with tons on tap. All the tables are thick wood that over the years have seen their fair amount of abuse from Thursday night college crowds and five o' clock thirty somethings alike. Some of my favorite memories of Austin came from that place. The first time Jason and I hung out we met up there. I schooled Amber in darts. Mike schooled me. I celebrated the Vandals win their this year. When it came time for Wade to leave thats where we saw him off. And if it hadn't been for that bar Amy and I wouldn't have found our apartment. And on top of all that the bar tenders are constantly comping me free pints.

Thats what this beer tastes like. It doesn't matter that it comes from Oregon. It tastes like the Drafthouse. All of it. Even the lock on the bathroom that doesn't do the one thing its supposed to. Lock.

Mike rating:

0 comments »